Thursday 29 November 2012

More on Itchen Trout......

Very interesting discussion regarding the trout pictured in yesterday's blog entry prompts me to include some (admittedly lousy) pictures of a fish caught on an earlier visit to the same stretch of river.

Whereas the consensus on "yesterday's fish" is - wild, native Itchen brownie, I believe the pictures below illustrate a much bigger stocked fish. The comparison may be interesting for those kind enough to take part in the discussion earlier today.

Not wild?


I think you get the idea - here's another lousy photo. Same fish, different angle. For me, the difference between this fish and yesterday's is apparent. The colouration, in particular, and the spotting on this fish is much bolder. I recall this fish took a PTN fished under a Klinkhammer, and immediately upon it surfacing during the "fight" thinking it was a stockie.

Close up.

Oh, and I have asked Santa for a new camera. And lessons on how to use it......

No comments:

Post a Comment